If you want to lose with a simple diet plan, you need to exercise and eat a healthy diet. Making the right food choices is essential in any diet plan. A simple diet plan for loss should include wholesome, natural foods that will provide the nutrients your body needs and help boost your metabolism.
Best Food for a Simple Diet Plan
A diet plan for loss should be simple and easy to follow. Anything complicated that requires exotic, hard-to-find, or expensive foods is doomed to fail. Luckily, the best foods for loss are easily available and often affordable. The following foods can be included in a simple diet plan for loss:
1. Lean Proteins – The body needs protein to build and maintain muscle mass and boost metabolic functions. Proteins also help regulate the appetite. The best sources of protein are lean meats such as skinless chicken, fish, and pork with most of the fat trimmed off. Avoid fatty meats because they are high in saturated fats. Other excellent sources of lean protein are eggs, beans, nuts and seeds. Beans are high in protein and fiber but low in calories. Nuts such as almonds and walnuts provide healthy essential fats along with protein.
2. Fruits – The natural sugars in fruits help curb your craving for sweets and provide carbohydrates for energy. Fruits are also high in fiber which keeps you feeling full. Additionally, fruits are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Include fruits in a simple diet plant for weight loss. You can add fruits to your meals or for a healthy snack.
3. Vegetables – Like fruits, vegetables are low in calories but high in vitamins, minerals and fiber. A diet plan for loss should include plenty of vegetables especially leafy greens, bell peppers, onions and tomatoes. Go easy on starchy vegetables such as potatoes and corn but have your fill of spinach, kale, broccoli, and collard greens.
4. Whole Grains – The body also needs carbohydrates from grains and cereals. Whole grains provide carbohydrates for energy as well as fiber, vitamins and minerals. They are nutrient-rich and help maintain stable blood sugar levels. Avoid highly processed and refined carbohydrate sources such as white bread and candies.
5. Low-Fat Dairy Products – Dairy products are excellent sources of calcium, protein and fat. Choose low-fat dairy over the full-fat versions to help reduce the total calories consumed. Non-fat or low-fat milk, yogurt and cottage cheese can help you lose weight.
Weight Loss on a Simple Diet Plan
When you are trying to lose it’s important to eat the right amount of food often enough so you don’t get hunger pangs. Start your day with a healthy breakfast consisting of 2 eggs scrambled in a non-stick pan. You can add chopped onion and green pepper to your scrambled eggs. Have a piece of whole-wheat toast and a small cup of berries or melon.
For your morning snack, eat an apple or a handful of nuts. Lunch can be a fresh salad with light Italian dressing, and grilled skinless chicken breast.
Your afternoon snack can be a banana or an orange. For dinner, you can have grilled fish, steamed vegetables, a salad with tomatoes and lettuce, and vinaigrette dressing.
See, eating on a Simple Diet Plan is not as hard as it may seem but you will be healthier and lighter.