A good loss plan is often complicated and expensive to follow. Some fad diets require you to eat only a few food items that are either hard to find or expensive to buy. With a situation like this, it’s difficult for most people to stick to their loss program. If you want a program that works, you must find a simple loss plan that needs little effort to follow. You will be more likely to stick with an easy-to-follow diet plan until you reach your loss goals.
A simple loss plan makes it easy to cut calories because all you have to do is follow a meal plan. There’s no need to count calories or worry that you may not be getting all the nutrients you need. When you have a low-calorie menu in place, it’s easy to follow your meal plan and be confident that you will be able to nourish your body while losing weight.
Tips for a Simple Weight Loss Plan
Before making a loss plan, you have to set your goals and decide how much you want to lose. Your goal should be realistic. Plan on losing only 1 to 2 pounds per week. This may seem frustrating if you have a lot of to lose, but this method will ensure that the you lose stays off in the long run.
1. One of the most important parts of a simple loss plan is a low-calorie diet menu. For safe and healthy loss, women should consume at least 1,200 calories per day while men should eat no less than 1,400 calories a day.
2. Never skip breakfast or any meal for that matter, or else you may overeat on your next meal. For a healthy low-calorie breakfast, have two slices of whole-wheat toast with two tablespoons of peanut butter and a banana.
3. Eat a low calorie lunch. You can have a salad of lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes with a light vinaigrette dressing, a cup of steamed veggies, black beans, and an ounce of cottage cheese. Have a fresh fruit for dessert.
4. Eat a low-calorie dinner as part of a simple loss plan. Try half a cup of brown rice, stir-fry vegetables and grilled fish.
5. Include two light snacks in your simple loss plan. You can have a small apple, a banana, grapes, or a handful of dry roasted nuts.
6. Drink plenty of water. Although water is an important part of a loss diet plan, most people do not drink enough. Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water every day. Water helps your body function properly and aids in weight loss.
7. Exercise. You should have at least 30 minutes of exercise each day. To ensure that you will stick to your exercise regimen, find an activity that you enjoy. You can walk on a treadmill, jog, bike, play sports, or join an aerobics class.
Do cardio workouts as well as strength training exercises as part of your loss plan.