Taking a day of your diet is good. A diet is a great example of having commitment to what you want and I applaud anyone and everyone that does a good job of committing themselves to staying healthy with a good diet. The trouble is trying to stay on a diet every day for months or years on end. This is what people aspire to but it is not very easy to do.
Cheating day on a diet confuses your metabolism
A few diets seem to say that you should try to confuse your body by staying on your diet for a few days or a couple of weeks at most and then getting off your diet for anywhere from one to three days. What do you think of this? Well the idea behind the days off on a diet is that you need to confuse your body so that it does not just adjust to lower caloric intake or just lower your metabolism to maintain fat levels.
Diets with a Cheating Day
Would you like to know examples of off day diets? There is a Weight Watchers diet adjustment that involves changing the amount of points you eat a day and cycling though these. You could do a kind of day off on this plan. The Body for life plan is that you do diet and exercise six days a week and eat whatever you want for one day a week. And finally there is the fat loss for idiots program that has you do the diet for 11 days and then take 3 days off before you do it again. This is the most confusing for your body (this is good) and easiest for you to manage.
Rules for a Diet Cheat Day
The best way that I see people doing there diet with days off is to have rules still for your days off. Try to follow the following rules:
- The idea is to eat what you want but do not overdo it.
- First of all you need a good regimen for your diet days and then for your days off the rules should be about how you cheat.
- Try to make sure that you are not being ridiculous because it is your day off. Do not eat a whole large pizza or a gallon of ice cream.
- Do not binge, no huge meals just meals that make you comfortably full
- This is the day that you go to a restaurant if you want.
- Do not eat three days worth of food in one day. The idea is that you can cheat but you don’t want to spend the whole week just catching up.
I hope that this plan for days off helps. I know that I have struggled with this in the past but the best thing is to just expand on your regular diet and at the same time make sure that get to eat those things that you are craving, in small measures of course.