Does toothpaste get rid of pimples? The answer to this question really depends on your skin type and the toothpaste you use. Some toothpastes contain ingredients that can help you get rid of pimples, while others do not, and in some cases could dry up your skin.
Why Does Toothpaste get rid of pimples?
This method has not been medically proven however; in many cases it has cleared pimples. Toothpastes contain an antibacterial ingredient called triclosan, which is known to eliminate bacteria effectively and is a common ingredient used in products for the treatment of acne.
Remember that there are many acne remedies available on the market, so you should use toothpaste on pimples only as a last resort. It also usually requires an overnight treatment to work effectively, so do not rely on toothpaste for a crisis of emerging zits.
There are two ways in which toothpaste can help you remove your pimples. First, toothpaste can act as a mask, removing impurities from your skin but can also dry the skin slightly as it does so, which can reduce the size of pimples. Also, some toothpastes contain menthol or alcohol, two ingredients that can make your skin very dry, so you need to be aware of this.
If you want to improve your condition using toothpaste on pimples, look for a real toothpaste and not in gel form, and preferably one with minimal additives. Natural and organic toothpastes are a good choice, since they often have a very few ingredients. These are the steps to take if you decide to use this method:
Instructions – Using toothpaste to get rid of pimples
• Select your toothpaste. Most brands will do the job, but regular white paste is less likely to damage your skin. Avoid pastes with fluoride and whitening because they may damage your skin.
• Wash your face or the pimple area with warm water and baby soap, and then dab your skin dry.
• Wear gloves or use a clean facial sponge.
• Apply a small amount of toothpaste to your glove or sponge, gently covering the pimple area and also a small ring around it, with a thin layer of toothpaste.
• Allow the toothpaste to dry on the pimple and leave it for several hours, or if you prefer, overnight. Normally, you will experience some cool and refreshing feeling.
• Remove the dried toothpaste or wash it with a cling sponge or cloth. Be careful not to break the pimple(s).
• Continue with your normal skin care procedures.
Results of toothpaste get rid of pimples
The results you get after applying toothpaste on pimples may vary, depending on the toothpaste, your skin type, and the pimples.
So does toothpaste get rid of pimples? If you really want to get rid of your pimples, other than putting toothpaste on pimples, there are several home remedies and also over the counter medications which can help; if your case is severe and has developed into acne, you should see a doctor who may recommend stronger medications.
Warning: You should avoid popping pimples, no matter how tempting it is, because you could easily make the situation worse by causing a deep infection. If those pimples are really upsetting for you, check with a cosmetician who specializes in extractions; and has received special training in handling all kinds of pimples, blackheads, and other blemishes.
We have all tried many things to get rid of pimples and I often used to ask Does toothpaste get rid of pimples and indeed I really think it helps.