Motivation is the problem that most people have when attempting to lose weight. While you may be all for losing at first, once the going gets tough, many people find that they have a hard time maintaining that motivation.
Finding the best ways to maintain motivation is essential to sticking with a weight loss program.
How to Succeed With A Weight Loss Program
Here are some suggestions to help you stay motivated and continue losing weight. These can help you stay motivated. Some of these may even encourage you to push beyond your initial weight loss goals and into leaner classes.
1. Write down your goals. All too often, people do not write down their goals and then begin to falter in their resolves. Write down what you want to be at and how much you want to lose a week or a month.
Make sure your goals are realistic but at the same time exciting. If you have a boring goal it will be tough to motivate yourself towards it.
2. Reward yourself every time you reach a goal. This reward should not be a food reward, but rather a gift reward, such as new shoes or new clothing.
The point of the reward is that we all to often forget to treat ourselves well. “I only lost 10 pounds, I have more to lose” is the kind of self talk that minimizes our efforts and denies us any excitement in seeing how far we have come.
Something small for hitting small goals, something big when you hit milestone goals.
3. Track your progress. Be sure to draw up charts and write down your weight loss progression. Also consider writing down the number of inches lost as this can change even if the numbers do not change.
Sometimes even something as strange as a big piece of cardstock where you can visually ee how you have been getting lighter, stronger, better focussed on goals, even have beeter endurance. If you can see ti so far the next step is easier.
4. Track your portions and calories. Many times people will follow a diet plan, but will not follow the portion controls the entire time. This will cause you to gain weight, rather than lose it.
If you increase the number of meals you eat it is especially important to see the number of calories and the breakdown of protein, fat, carbs in your day
5. Keep a journal. Emotional eating is one of the most prevalent reasons that people gain weight. By keeping a journal, you can get your emotions out and not contributing to the desire to eat.
Journaling is another way of self expression where you can see what works, what doesn’t and to track your progress both in eating and exercise as well as mindset
6. Keep a record of your exercise routine. All too often people forget to increase the weights used or change the exercise plan. This will cause you to stop losing and lose motivation.
7. Take stock as to why you want to lose . If it is just appearance sake, you might find you lose motivation quicker than if it is also about your health and the way you feel.
8. Put up mantras around the house and work place. These are small phrases that will remind you of your goals and how you are going to reach these goals.
With these 8 tips, you will be able to keep the motivation that you need to continue to lose weight. These tips will help you to reach your goals and maybe even surpass them as you get yourself into a routine.