How to have your best day ever is a question that many of us ask on those dark dreary days of our life. Everyone is dissatisfied with a few parts of their life. We want to have more time, more happiness, more satisfaction, better behaved kids and a more responsive spouse when we just want to talk.
Well there are a few things that you can do everyday that will change your life and get you closer to these things. I have a 5 step process that I think is a great way to get more out of your day. I have to warn you that I only half follow this but if you can do a good job of this your life will change and be so much better.
5 steps to having your best day ever
1. Get Good Sleep – There are few things that are more important than getting good sleep. First of all make sure that you are able to sleep in a quiet environment and that there are no distractions.
Don’t read or watch TV in bed, just go to bed to sleep. Also be very aware of how you are eating. If you can stop eating three hours before you go to sleep your rest will be deeper and you will be having more of that awesome REM sleep that helps you so much throughout the day.
If you have trouble sleeping at night you can get a supplement called Melatonin. Melatonin is a great rest supplement as your body increases melatonin levels naturally while you sleep, so this is just a jump start.
Finally make sure you drink some water before you go to sleep. Not lots but just enough so that you are not thrirsty at night or at all dehydrated.
2. Exercise for 30 minutes in the morning – Before getting your best day ever going at all it is important to refresh your body and crank up your metabolism.
The exercise you do is not as important as actually doing something. Walk, run, bike, do weights, whatever your fitness goals are work towards these but this needs to be done before you eat and get your day started.
One thing you will want to do however is drink a couple big glasses of water befroe you start as you may be a little dehydrated from sleeping during the night.
3. Plan your Day – Most people just go about their day putting out fires and trying to restart broken projects. This takes a lot more energy and pressure on everyone involved than just having plans and following them through.
One of the things that you can do while you are exercising is decide what their top 5 things that you need to get done are today. These top 5 are not giant projects by any means but should be next steps in projects that you already have going or even appointments that need to be made.
When was the last doctor or dentist appointment? Probably when you were sick. This top 5 plan will mean that no matter what hits you during the day you are already starting the day off with the important stuff before nayone hits you with their badly planned problems.
4. Eat balanced meals often during the day – One of the biggest problems that most people have is fluctuating blood sugar during the day. This is why the afternoon is slow, why we are dragging ourselves in the morning and why you just do not ever have the energy to get through the day.
To have your best day ever make sure you eat small meals often. you may have heard this in the past but the reason that you need to do this is two fold. When you eat your blood sugar will spike when it gets sugar. And secondly you digest food and this slows down your energy.
A small meal helps and the meals often mean that you are not doing the highs and lows of blood sugar all day long.
5. Plan your time in chunks – When you are trying to get a lot done it is a proven fact that the project will increase in time as the time is allotted. If you give yourself 3 hours to watch a movie at night then the interruptions will make it last that long.
At the same time if you decide that your evening is three or four chunks of time and your workday is 6 chunks of time then you will make much better use of the time with something planned and completed in those time chunks.
I know that this is not all you need to know to have your best day ever. There is also prioritizing of projects and tasks but just look at how much better you will be tomorrow and imagine what next month would be like if you did this every day and built one day on the next.
Using these steps you can indeed have your best day ever.