Everyone is looking for the simple steps to lose weight. It is a well-known fact that diets are not effective for permanent weight loss since you will either fall of or at the end will return to your previous bad habits
Fad diets may help you lose weight initially but when you reach your ideal and end your diet, the pounds you lost often come back with a vengeance. Losing weight permanently takes discipline and hard work but it all boils down to how much you eat and how much you exercise.
There are simple steps you can take to lose weight. If you follow these steps on a daily basis, you’ll be able to achieve your goal and keep your body trim and toned.
8 Simple Steps to Lose Weight
1. Find time to exercise regularly – If you can, make it a point to workout every day. Walk, jog, bike or swim for at least 30 minutes a day. Get your heart rate going with cardio exercise and burn more calories.
Strength training is also necessary to develop muscle mass and tone your body.
2. Be sure to eat a healthy breakfast – Never skip breakfast because it is the most important meal of the day. A good breakfast provides the nutrients and energy you need to get your work done all morning. It also jump starts your metabolism and helps you burn more calories throughout the day.
Include protein and some amount of fat in your morning meal. You will feel full longer and avoid over-eating later in the day.
3. Keep a record of everything you eat – A food journal helps you keep track of how much food you are actually eating. Studies show that people who record their caloric intake consume up to 15% less calories than people who don’t.
At the very least, keeping track of your progress will help you stick to your loss program.
4. Plan your meals ahead of time – This simple step to lose weight can make or break your loss program. Having a meal plan ensures that you are able to consume only the amount of calories allotted for the day.
If you have no idea what you’re going to eat for your next meal you’re likely to eat anything you can lay your hands on, and there’s no guarantee that it will be healthy and low-calorie.
5. Control food portions – Make sure you know how much is in one serving of a particular food. By controlling food portions, you will also control the number of calories you consume.
This is a simple yet effective step to lose weight.
6. Cut out carbonated drinks and high-calorie beverages – Soft drinks contain a lot of sugar and can make you fat, so eliminate or reduce your intake of carbonated drinks.
High-calorie beverages such as sweetened fruit juices, milkshakes, lattes and alcoholic drinks should also be avoided if you want to lose weight quickly.
7. Drink plenty of water – The body needs water for proper metabolism. Drink a glass of water before each meal to help you feel full more quickly and avoid eating too much.
8. Eat wholesome and natural foods – Choose foods that are fresh and as close to their natural state as possible. Eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, beans, nuts and seeds.
Foods that are unprocessed contain more nutrients and fiber to fill you up without adding too many calories to your diet, thus helping you to lose weight.
Following these steps to lose weight will help you to lose weight consistently and easily.