I always have had a bit of a sweet tooth and my wife does a great job of keeping our whole family on track. Often we will look for something new and yummy and she seemed to find something really great that I wanted to share with you
My wife found the following recipe for a type of cereal bar, I really like cereal bars so I was looking forward to trying this one out.
In the end I have been easily able to keep myself away from the chocolate and pop by having just a few morsels of this great cereal bar.
The consistency of these things is really chewy like the name suggests and they are really sweet and satisfying. I really recommend them.
Shreddie Cereal Bar Snack
Prep: 10 min. I Total: 1 hour 10 min. incl. refrigerating
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup Kraft Smooth Light Peanut Butter
- 3 cups Post Shreddies Cereal 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut 1/4 cup dried cranberries
1. SPRAY 8-inch square pan with cooking spray; set aside. Microwave corn syrup and peanut butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 11/2 min. or until peanut butter is almost melted; stir until well blended.
2. ADD remaining ingredients; mix well. Press into prepared pan.
3. REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Makes 20 servings, 1 bar each.
Try these cereal bars out they are great and really easy to make