Detox diets are designed to flush out poisons and contaminates from your body in a healthy and gentle manner.
Many use a detoxifying diet plan to begin a loos regime and some use the plan periodically to maintain health and vigor. Detox diets should not be thought of as fads they’ve been used for centuries in a belief that they promote a healthier and longer life.
What Is A Detox Diet?
A detox diet is restrictive, allowing only fresh and natural foods that are fibrous and that will help your immune system and those filtering organs like the kidneys and liver to work properly.
There are detox diet plans for everyone, including the following:
- Clean Diet-This detox diet plan lasts for 21 days and is especially designed for those who enjoy a bustling lifestyle.
- Raw Food Only -Those choosing this diet plan are only allowed to consume raw and uncooked food.
- Super Cleanse -Dieters can choose from several unique plans designed for cleansing the body, including juice fasts and vegetarian plans, like for example this best detox drink
- Weight Loss Cure -This diet plan uses cleansing techniques as a way to begin a loss program.
- Martha’s Vineyard Detox Diet — Strictly a plan to lose -up to 21 pounds in 21 days.
- Swiss Secret -A detox plan to improve health as well as help you to lose weight.
- Fruit Flush -A 3-day plan to flush out your system and get you on the track to losing unwanted pounds.
Most of the detox diets you’ll find advocate drinking at least 2 liters of water per day, ingesting various herbs that help the detoxifying process (milk thistle, Psyllium seed and Licorice root, for example), avoiding food and drink that are processed or were grown using pesticides and fungicides and eating lots of organic vegetables, fruit and unprocessed foods such as seeds and grains. You’ll also be asked to avoid caffeine, smoking and certain drugs or vitamin supplements.
Our lifestyles and environmental issues today simply beg for a detoxifying diet plan to keep our bodies healthy and rid them of the harmful chemicals, toxins, pollution and other elements that contaminate our lives. In the past, we often thought that “detox” meant a treatment for dependence on drugs or alcohol, but now we know that detoxifying our systems is a method that we can use periodically to keep our bodies working properly so that we can enjoy health and longevity.
There are many detox diets available and you can find an abundance of information about them online. Research the various detox methods and decide which is best for your lifestyle and that will help you achieve your goals.