Yesterday my wife made a zucchini bread that was fantastic.
We usually have banana bread but my wife found a great recipe for zucchini bread on Pinterest and she keeps a couple different recipe boards. One board is for Recipes she would like to make and the other one is for Recipes she has made and likes.
I have to warn that this recipe is really messy to make. I have to admit I have never had zucchini bread so I was a little concerned it would taste crappy but humored my wife anyway – besides I like zucchini so I thought it best not to judge before I tried it.
Fantastic Zucchini Bread
In the end the zucchini bread worked out great and was nice and moist. Out of the recipe my wife got a loaf and about a dozen muffins as well. I have been eating them quickly.
The recipe below is from a great blog – The Kitchen McCabe Kayley at that site has lots of tips and has a great bunch of pics of this fantastic Zucchini bread
Ingredients for Zucchini Bread
3 C. Flour
1 t. Salt
1 t. Baking Soda
1 t. Baking Powder
1 T. Cinnamon
1 C. Canola or Vegetable Oil
2¼ C. Sugar
1 T. Vanilla
3 1/2 C. Zucchini, grated
Instructions for Zucchini Bread
- Grease and flour two 8×4″ loaf pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture, and stir until just combined. Add the zucchini and mix in until well distributed.
- Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges remove the bread from pan.
This recipe was very fast to make and bake.We were able to make it pretty quickly and before long I was eating this yummy snack.
Anyway. I know that I don’t post enough good healthy recipes but I am going to start now. This was a great snack and am so glad that we tried it.