Five Effective Acne Home Remedies
If you are looking for an effective acne treatment without side effects, try one or more of these five acne home remedies. These are quick to prepare and useful for those who have tried everything on the market.
The ingredients are already in your kitchen! But first, do you have any of the following habits?
What You Use and Consume Can Cause Acne
Are you a prey to excessive use of scented lotions, hair sprays or perfumes? Try to stop using them for a while and see if the acne starts to clear up.
These products can often be harmful to your skin and cause it to flare up. Try using a different shampoo like Head and Shoulders or Tresemme which has Vitamin B.
Do you have a habit of wearing a cap or a hat everyday? Do away with it because you are probably allowing the flaking skin and dirt to fall directly on your face. Keep your face clean and let it breathe.
Do you take drugs like Accutane, Tetracycline or a contraceptive medicine to get rid of acne? Is it working or is it making your skin dry and irritated?
Replace these with internal supplements like Vitamin C, zinc and/or fish oils. These may not give immediate results but are effective home remedies for acne. They may work better than the chemical drugs prescribed or bought off-the-shelf.
If you have eliminated these habits try the following effective home remedies for acne:
5 Acne Home Remedies
1) No mixture, no paste, just plain and simple honey can work wonders. Honey is a natural antibacterial that can kill germs.
Apply honey on the affected areas and put a piece of tissue over it (to keep from smearing it on your pillow).
When you wash your face in the morning the astringent effect will sooth the eruptions.
2) Rub raw garlic on your face (only if you are home alone!) Do it several times a day and you will slowly heal the sensitive areas.
This is one of the more reliable home remedies for acne.
3) Lemon juice is another option you have as a treatment. Just apply it on the affected areas and leave it overnight. Sounds too good to be true? It works wonders and is another of the effective home remedies for acne.
4) You could also apply a paste of fenugreek leaves (these can be bought at a health food store or online) on the infected areas. Wash it off after it dries on your skin.
5) The last, but the most important tip, is to drink at least 10 glasses of pure water a day. This is a pre-requisite for any acne treatment and will keep your skin moist and supple.
These home remedies are convenient and useful. Most of these can easily be prepared and, more importantly, they don’t ordinarily produce any harmful effects on the skin.
As an extra for women, hormonal treatments are available for acne. An efficient method is to take birth control pills. They have a combination of estrogen and progesterone that helps in the reduction of acne.
Some pills may have side effects and the dosage must be regulated for several months. Its best to consult a physician and find the most suitable one for you. Try these homeopathic treatments before you invest heavily in cosmetics or drugs, these five natural acne home remedies may work best for treatment.