How to Lose 10 Pounds – A Few Great Steps and Ideas
Often people are not really overweight but instead are just looking at how to lose 10 pounds that have been hanging around for a few weeks or even a few years that they do not know how to get rid of.
Well, I have a few ideas on how to lose 10 pounds now and fast that should get you on the right track.
How to Lose 10 Pounds
1. When trying to lose weight it comes down to energy in and energy out.
There is no real way around this. To lose 10 pounds you need to burn 35000 calories
more than you take in.
The math doesn’t lie and you can’t lie to a scale either.
2. Most of our body is water and because of this, there is water retention.
Your body combats what is throwing off electrolytes or stress or other factors and it will naturally retain water.
3. Fat is high in calories. High water foods are low in calories. In order to change that input-output ratio, you need to raise the amount of low-calorie density foods and lower the amount of high caloric density foods.
So eat less red meat and fatty deep fried food and eat more fruits and veggies which are high in water content and nutrients.
4. All Weight loss comes with a reason. What is the reason that you want to lose the weight?
When you are hungry and drive by a McDonalds or KFC and just want to do drive-thru what is going to stop you? Certainly not losing weight.
Pulling this all together
So how do you pull all of this together? how can you lose 10 pounds?
- When you want to know how to lose weight it comes down to planning.
- Plan to drink a lot more water, it will make you pee more often but will also clean you out and give you move energy.
- You also have to get more exercise and by exercise, I mean try to get one hour of exercise of any kind in a day.
- This needs to be an exercise that you like and not exercise that just feels like work as that will not be sustainable.
- As far as eating goes you will need to get back to those core eating habits of eating fruit and vegetables and reducing the amount of heavy carbs like rice and potatoes and make sure to eat often.
- Eating smaller meals more often will keep that metabolism up for you.
Here Are More Tips To Help Lose 10 Pounds
- Eat all your food in 5 or 6 meals a day instead of three
- Cut back on your White carbs (rice, potatoes, pasta) and substitute with vegetables, which are higher in water and nutrients anyway
- Exercise first thing in the morning by walking or light jogging or even biking for 30 to 45 minutes
- Drink water from morning until night to stave off those urges to eat more food and to keep your metabolism up
- Eat all your food in those 5 or 6 meals before 7:30 at night so that you are not going to sleep on a full stomach
Why Do you Want to Lose 10 Pounds?
Finally, if you want to know the real secret of how to lose 10 pounds you need to worry about why you are trying to lose weight. On those days where it is really tough to diet or exercise or make good decisions then you need to be very clear what the heck this weight loss sacrifice is for.
- Is it going to make you more healthy, losing 10 pounds will make you a lot healthier
- Or do you want to fit into smaller clothes?
- Or is it a goal to prove that you are in control of yourself?
All of these reasons and more are important. Write you reasons down and post them up everywhere. Make sure that you never forget the WHY of how to lose 10 pounds.
So now you know what I know about how to lose 10 pounds the rest is up to you to plan, eat, drink, exercise and follow through on your goal.
315 thoughts on “How to Lose 10 Pounds – A Few Great Steps and Ideas”
I believe that fitness is the best way to lose healthily. What I also find very important is keeping yourself motivated and energized. When your body is ready for tough workouts your training sessions would be much more effective. I am taking pre-workout supplement – Navy Seal Formula, and I never miss my workouts, even after the hardest working day. My body is nutured naturally and effectively. As a result, I am in great shape.
Good for you Michele… but you are the odd woman out in the USA… the ladies here are not in “great shape” as you claim to be… such is why we are here…(proof of your great shape to go with the bragging of such?!?….) You should be from MN…. passive aggressive… offer help but top it off with a zinger. I must ask though… if you are in such great shape…why are you here?!?
An impressive share! I’ve just forwarded this onto a co-worker who had been conducting a little research on this. And he actually bought me dinner because I discovered it for him… lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thank YOU for the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending time to talk about this subject here on your web page.
I am really glad that you found value in the article. I try to put a lot of actionable articles on the site 🙂
Hi, im 13 5″1 and im currently 123 pounds. I want to be in the 105-110 area. So that’s 13-18 pounds! I just really need an opinion on what you think would be okay for me. Please choose inbetween the choices. My beverage is mostly water and sometimes juices, i never drink soda. My breakfast, lunch and dinner eating habits are very good. I plan out what im going to eat, and my mom is a very healthy chef. (other than an occasional take-out) The big thing for me is snacking, i am a disgusting snacker and I hate it. I dance 2 hours weekly on Wednesday’s and Thursday’s (1 hr each) And I cheer for a total of 6 hours a week. I would be perfectly healthy if I had better snacking habits. I look right past the fruits and veggies ever day after school and go straight to the chips and sweets. On the days I dont have dance or cheer there is zero excersice in my day unless I have gym. (tues,wed,fri) Thank you for reading and I would love some replys.
I know whenever I start a new workout plan I typically first start off with a cleanser. Every 6 months I take a good cleanser because of all the bad foods I consume at times. You can try a CleanStart from Nature’s Sunshine you will probably drop a few more pounds than you would have just with your work out and eating healthier. You’ll also feel better. 🙂 http://www.naturessunshine.com?actid=2021950
Thank you!!! It helps me lose some . This also taught me to wake up early cuz’ it’s freaking hot here in UAE. And also, All I want is a belly flat, I am already contented of my legs and arms cuz’ I’m a volleyball player.
P.S. @khylevelez <– It's my twitter! Please follow me! THANK YOU!!!
Hi, I’m 15 years old and weigh about 104 pounds which would be great if I wasn’t 4’10. Because I’m so short all the i gain goes to my stomach, but i have improved. Over the past couple years I’ve been exercising but not really on a strict plan, but i still have a couple pounds on my stomach that i just cannot get rid. The last 2 months I’ve been eating healthier working out almost everyday and going to the gym. Anything else i can do to speed up the process before school starts. I just want my stomach to be flat. I would appreciate some advice. 🙂
hi! im 5’1 and im 16 years old, i work out alot and i try not to weigh myself because i kind of gain a little muscle mass but last time i checked i was around 116 or 117 but i have a slight belly fat and i just need a few pounds to shave those off but its so hard considering that im also on my set point. I drink water as my only beverage and exercise mostly during the afternoon and the night but i do sometimes work out in the morning. Im very good in doing all types of push ups but i also want tips to have sleek, toner arms. Ive lost but its really hard for me now and my schedule is very hectic too and since im in summer vacation i want to lose those last pounds, any suggestions? thanks
Hi Ya, im 14 years old and i’m 5’1 138lbs… I wanna lose ten more pounds.. as you know when your short just a pound makes you look bigger than you really are.. .and tips or ideas?
Solid advice on losing 10. Well done on advising the healthy ways to achieve this!
I am 12 years old I am about 5’2 and I have a tiny bit of belly fat and my wieght is 120Ilbs. I know I shoudnt be worrying about my at this age but I am cheerleader so I really have to I dont want to be a fat cheerleader you know. I never eat junk food maybe once a month I drink water before and after every meal and I have about 30 minutes of working out every day expect for mondays and wednesdays when I have 2 and 1/2 hours of cheer what other stuff can I do?
You’re 12… Dont worry about your now. Go to the park with your friends or your dog. All you really need to do is go out and have fun more.
hi guys. need help. i’m 16 years old yet i weigh 59 kg and my height is only 4’9″. i really don’t mind if i’m fat. but i’m going to be in college next month and all my friends(btw all of my friends were chubby like me) loss . and my mother always compare me to them and slowly i realized i’m not living a healthy life. i really wanted to be a police officer but my height is not enough. the required height is 5’2″ for the girls. they told me i need to lose to gain height. i’ve been minimizing my food for two weeks and drink water always and do some dancing in 10 minutes everyday yet my didn’t changed. God Speed!