A lot of people will say “I need to lose ” but they do not know how much they really want to lose or how they are going to go about losing this . Having a plan and realistic goals can make a big difference in the success or failure of your loss plan. Most people do not know how to create a realistic loss goal though.
Weight loss goal setting is the first and most important step to losing weight. There is not a set method for setting loss goals, but there are some tips to make these goals more effective. These tips are easy to follow and are highly effective at creating realistic goals that can actually be achieved.
Steps To Setting A Realistic Weight Loss Goal
1. Determine how much you really want or need to lose in order to be healthy. Your medical professional can help you to determine how much weigh you need to lose. This will be done through a person’s BMI and body fat ratio.
2. Break this large goal into smaller goals. A good average to think of is a pound a week. This is a healthy amount of to lose in a short period of time and keep it off.
3. Write down your loss goals. This way the goals will be more solid and they can remain fresh in your mind. By writing them down, you can feel more accountable for the loss and less likely to cheat on these goals.
4. Write down how you plan to reach your loss goals. This can be through diet or exercise, but in general it is more effective to use a combination of exercise and dieting.
5. Focus on and celebrate the small loss goals, the 1 pound a week goals. This way you experience the joy success on a regular basis without the frustration of not completing the goals quickly. Be sure to celebrate the big goals with a bigger celebration than the small goals.
6. Review your loss goals on a regular basis. You may find that you need to change some of these goals based upon your changing body fat ratio and increased muscle mass. These changes can often indicate that you are further ahead than you think you are.
By taking this step by step approach to setting your loss goals and then completing them you have a higher chance for success. This can help you to become healthier and experience more energy. This can also improve your overall self confidence and self esteem as you complete the goals that you have set in front of yourself.