The measurement for a successful low carb diet plan is to lose weight. Right? Well actually no, it isn’t.
The real measurement is that you are able to keep the weight off year after year. A diet is not just for today and tomorrow but is actually a lifestyle change.
So, what is the real important parts of a low carb diet plans?
A simple foundation that can be relied upon is to ingest fewer foods that have a high calorie count such as foods that contain processed flour and sugar.
You then replace the high calorie foods with foods that have fewer calories. This can be accomplished by eating healthy sources of protein, whole grains and of course fresh vegetables and fruits.
The next thought that comes into your head is “Easier said than done”. Actually it is not quite as hard to accomplish as you might think. These tips will help you get off to a good start and keep the off successfully for years to come.
Tips For Maintaining A Low Carb Diet
1. Reduce the size of the portions. By measuring your healthy portions of proteins, vegetables and fruits you will reduce the carbohydrates and maintain the proper level of calories needed daily.
2. Eat four to five times a day. You accomplish a couple things by eating this often. As you digest your food your metabolism rate will be increased by the activity, thus burning more calories. In addition to that you will find that you won’t be as hungry each time that you eat.
3. Avoid eating after six o’clock p.m. If you must eat or snack after 6 p.m. do so with low carb foods, such as yogurt, organic fruits and veggies.
4. Eat foods with high unsaturated fats, such as olive oil, nuts and fish. These foods are a natural barrier to diseases that can attack your body.
5. Enhance your low-carb diet plan by eating organic foods when possible. Foods such as raw honey, wild smoked salmon, tomatoes, rye bread and there are even organic red meats, pork and chicken.
6. Prepare the menu for the week ahead. This enables you to do your shopping for the healthiest foods without being rushed.
7. Broil and grill your meats when possible. Prior to broiling or grilling the meat, make certain to trim off excess fat and remove the skin where possible. Enhance the flavor of meats using your favorite natural spices.
8. Drink bottled water or filtered water. This will keep your body hydrated and cleansed. For the best effect with the low-carb diet it is suggested drinking 64 oz. per day.
9. The Dreaded Tip: Exercise. A mild exercise such as walking at least 30 minutes a day will increase the metabolic rate of your body.
10. Positive attitude. This tip perhaps may be the most important tip of all. Believe in your ability to follow a plan and to lose weight.
By implementing these tips you will have more success with your long term weight loss when using your low carb diet plan.