Aerobics or cardio training is an essential part of any fitness program. Cardio workouts for men are primarily performed to strengthen the cardiovascular system and burn body fat.
Cardio exercises improve stamina and endurance so you can workout more effectively. The secret to cardio exercises for loss is to maintain your heart rate at the fat-burning zone.
Benefits of Cardio Workouts
Cardio training strengthens the heart and lungs to make you healthier.
Multiple studies show that cardio workouts help men lower their risk for obesity, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
To get the most benefits from your workout, it’s important to exercise for at least 30 minutes per day, five days a week.
Cardio exercise can also help you burn fat faster if you maintain your target heart rate which can be calculated by subtracting your age from 220 and multiplying the result by 0.75.
Effective Cardio Workouts for Men
There are numerous cardio exercises that you can easily perform to keep fit. Many of them do not require a lot of equipment or extra space.
- Running or jogging. This is one of the best cardio workouts for men. All you need is a good pair of running shoes for this exercise.
- You can run anywhere and anytime. You can burn up to 300 calories in half an hour while running at 5 mph. Running or jogging is a high-impact exercise, so take care not to overstress your ankles and knees.
- Swimming. Swimming is a challenging cardio activity that involves your entire body.
- You can use different strokes to involve different muscle groups. The great thing about swimming is that you can workout without having to worry about possible high-impact injuries on your joints.
- Burpees. Burpees are some of the most challenging cardio workouts for men.
- This exercise engages the muscles in your legs, arms and core. Burpees combine a squat, pushup and vertical leap to deliver an intense workout.
- Step aerobics. This cardio exercise is performed on a raised platform. It targets the muscles in the legs, butt and hips.
- The number of calories burned depends on the step height, speed of movement, and duration of the workout. Step aerobics builds a healthy cardiovascular system and burns calories.
- Interval training. According to the American Council of Exercise, interval training is the best type of cardio workout for men. It pushes the body aerobically and anaerobically.
- Interval training consists of short periods of intense exercise followed by a recovery period. The short bursts of intense activity allows the body to burn more calories. Interval training is suitable for all fitness levels because you can choose the intensity and duration of your exercise.
Use these tips if you are a guy looking to get in better shape using Cardio.
There are so many great ways to get in better shape and cardio exercise will make sure that you are healthier and have a better lifestyle.