Acne is a common skin disorder involving the sebaceous glands of the face, back, and neck. Most people are affected by acne at some point in their lives and suffer with the resulting pimples, zits, blackheads, and cysts.
Sebaceous glands work to expel excess oil from the skin. Invariably, they are going to clog up from time to time and the resulting accumulation of oil can cause acne, as well as other skin conditions. Acne vulgaris is the most commonly experienced condition and affects primarily adolescents.
Many factors contribute to acne vulgaris and include nutritional imbalances, allergens, emotional stress, liver abnormalities, heredity, excessively oily skin, certain medications, and hormones.
Another contributing factor to acne is an overabundance of toxins and poisons in the body. The body uses the liver and kidneys to rid itself of these dangerous substances. If the body contains more impurities than those organs can effectively manage, the skin takes over by sweating out the substances.
All of these processes working at the same time upset the natural healing capacity of the body and create various skin conditions, causing pimples and zits to form.
There are many natural products available that will effectively treat acne. Listed below are several of the best and most well tolerated alternative methods for eliminating the effects of acne.
Keep in mind, however, that some of these methods may have to be repeated over the course of 2 to 4 weeks before any lasting results are noticed.
- Pat white vinegar (distilled and diluted if necessary) on areas of the skin affected by acne. Allow it to stay on skin for up to 10 minutes, and then rinse gently with cool water.
- Use Echinacea daily to improve immunity.
- Take Oregon grape daily to guard against acne-producing bacteria.
- Apply lemon juice to areas of the face affected by pimples, zits and other skin conditions. Let the juice stay on the face for up to 10 minutes, then rinse off with cool water. Other citrus juices may be used and diluted if they cause stinging sensations. This solution will work as a natural exfoliate by rubbing off dead skin tissue.
- Use dandelion or red clover daily to clear the liver of toxins.
- Use Natures Sunshine’s Ayurvedic Skin Detox to remove toxins from the liver.
- Using Vitamin A supplements will help severe acne. Consult your physician to determine the correct dosage because overly large amounts can be toxic.
- Take Zinc supplements to encourage tissue repair and prevent scarring of the skin.
- Try Alternative Homeopathic remedies to dry pimples and heal damaged tissues.
- Follow a well-balanced diet and take vitamin and mineral supplements to prevent nutritional deficiencies. Keeping your body healthy will encourage natural healing of your tissues.
- Drink plenty of water daily to flush out toxins and to keep the body hydrated.