There are many ways to help yourself eliminate acne that go beyond the drugs and lotions that you would normally use. I am a big fan of holistic remedies that work as a natural acne cure. The best advice is to follow a consistent care plan that includes traditional acne treatment methods, and follow-up with some of the methods outlined here.
Dermatologists always recommend certain things to do when you have acne. One is to cleanse your face with a mild cleanser twice a day. Next is to exfoliate at night to remove the dead skin cells. Most dermatologists recommend a product with benzoyl peroxide to kill the external bacteria on the skin. You also apply this twice a day.
There are also some things that you can do along with the traditional treatment for acne that are a natural acne cure and will give you more relief from the symptoms of common acne. They are meant to complement your present acne treatment methods, not replace them.
1. Drink lots of water. This may not seem like a natural acne cure but is very important, but it is. Water flushes the bacteria that causes acne out of your system. Try it for a better complexion.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables. The amino acids in these foods produce good skin oils and is a good natural acne cure. Your skin will be more vibrant.
3. Do not use harsh soaps and alcohol based products to cleanse your face. They can dry out your pores and leave you worse off. Instead you can use a dermatologically approved cleanser and water.
4. Ice can be used to lessen the redness and irritation of pimples. This should be done soon after the outbreak for best results. Then cleanse your face with a light cleanser and water. Apply some cornstarch or baking soda mixed with water to the irritated area. This will soothe it, and draw out the infection to give you relief.
5. Raw, peeled potatoes can be used to lessen the redness of outbreaks and clean the skin. Just rub the flat side of a peeled potato on your face.
The best thing about these natural acne cure is that they do not cost you much money, if any at all. These little known secrets could be what it takes to keep you acne free. It is best to do them on a consistent basis so your acne does not return.
You can expect to see a noticeable change in the condition of your skin for the better in about ten days after you start using a natural acne cure. You now have some very good ways to help yourself fight your acne problem that you can use right away.
About the Author
Eliminate acne with our 12 page free report at: http://www.acneskincontrol.com/