When you suffer from severe acne or acne that is very painful, you will need to consider going to a dermatologist. Your self-esteem will probably thank you for this, and you will need to consider several concepts to ensure that you are choosing the best doctor for your needs.
These days the popularity for non-invasive treatments has never been more in demand, and injectable facial procedures like botox and dermal fillers, and body contouring treatments like vaser lipo, have never been more popular or more accessible.
Lots of people are seeking non-invasive facial rejuvenation treatments such as:
- Botox – Facial lines can make you look tired, but botox injections can relax the face, making you look younger and more rested. Botox reduces the lines and wrinkles of the face, the wrinkles between the brows, lines and creases on the forehead, crows-feet, bunny lines, smoker’s lines around the mouth and unsightly neck bands.
- Chemical Peels – These are great treatments for skin imperfections, such as acne, mild scarring and signs of ageing. Chemical peels can improve the skin by stimulating new cell growth and collagen production to effectively reveal younger, fresher looking skin underneath.
- Microdermabrasion – This is a relatively gentle treatment that we can use on the face, neck, hands or body to rejuvenate and improve skin quality, colour and tone. The practitioner will exfoliate the chosen area by applying a fine mist of crystals which will gently dislodge dead and dull cells from the upper layer of the skin, whilst a vacuum suction simultaneously removes the crystals and dead cells. Microdermabrasion is safe for all skin types, has very little risk for side effects, and needs no downtime.
- Dermal Fillers – Cosmetic clinics use fillers to combat volume loss on the cheeks and the tear troughs under the eyes. They also help to reduce fine facial lines and creases, making the skin look smooth and supple. As we age, our face will naturally lose subcutaneous fat, causing the facial muscles to work closer to the surface of the skin, making smile lines and lip creases look more obvious.
- Lips – Lip enhancement involves placing the dermal filler over the borders of the lips and lip augmentation places the filler into the body of the lip. Lip augmentation improves the volume, structure and shape of the lips and can also reduce fine lines around the lips. Combining both treatments means a balanced look can easily be obtained.
- Vaser Lipo – Vaser can remove unwanted fat from stubborn areas, resulting in a smoother and slimmer silhouette. It’s ideal for treating love handles, rolls of fat around the bra line, tummy, thighs and even delicate areas such as the arms and under the chin. On men, it’s very popular for taking away unwanted fat on the chest area, known as man boobs.
Most people feel apprehensive when they visit a dermatologist for the first time. They feel very odd about having somebody go and pick around at your face. You will also be showing off things that you spend a lot of time trying to hide as well. When you begin “shopping around” for a dermatologist, you will want to make a list of what you are looking for and what your concerns are. You want to find someone who is concerned with your needs and your mental stability, versus someone who is mostly concerned with your acne instead of you. Consider these few questions:
– What do you like about your primary physician?
– Are you concerned about someone who is sensitive to your concerns?
– Do you want someone with a good bedside manner?
– Are you worried that appointments won’t accommodate your hectic schedule?
Whatever your needs are, a good dermatologist will answer your questions and will do their best to be sensitive to your needs. They will also be able to provide you with a variety of treatment options. If you have any questions about available treatments they should be able to answer those questions as well. Be open and honest with your dermatologist and they will do the same for you. They want you to be prepared for the treatment and they want to offer all of the information you can. If you are nervous, tell your doctor and they will do their best to help you out.
A well-trained dermatologist will be a medical doctor that is board certified and trained in dermatology. The dermatologist should also be a member of the American Academy of Dermatology. You will also need to find a dermatologist with experience in dealing with acne and the severity that you may have. An experienced dermatologist is able to give you a more accurate diagnosis and will provide you with an appropriate treatment.