What is the problem with healthy lunch recipes. Breakfast and dinner get all the attention but lunch never seems to on the TV shows.
Although people often take the time to make sure they have a healthy breakfast and go home to an equally nutritious dinner, they sometimes neglect to plan for a healthy lunch.
Healthy Lunch Recipes
When it’s time for lunch and your body is craving for food you may take the easy way out and resort to the most easily available food, that is, fast food that’s high in saturated fat, carbohydrates, and salt.
To avoid sabotaging your own healthy diet plan, it’s a good idea to have some healthy lunch recipes that you can quickly whip up and bring to work.
Preparing your own lunch saves money and ensures that your meal is healthy and tasty. There are many healthy lunch recipes that you can take to the office, to school, or wherever you need to go.
You’ll never run out of lunch ideas because there are hundreds of lunch recipes for kids and adults that are easy to prepare, pack, and take with you.
Healthy Lunch Tips
- When looking for healthy lunch recipes, make sure you have a balanced lunch which includes lean meats or low-fat proteins, complex carbohydrates, fiber, whole grains, beans, and nuts. Include fruits and vegetables for their vitamins and minerals. Make sure your lunch contains all the essential nutrients your body needs.
- Sandwiches make a healthy lunch, especially if you use a variety of whole grain bread, pita and wraps. Fill your sandwiches with tuna, cheese, skinless chicken breast, lean meats, or sliced hard-boiled eggs. You can also make vegetarian sandwiches or wraps and stuff them with salad greens, bean sprouts, sliced cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, fresh basil, etc.
Healthy Lunch Pizza
Try this delicious, pizza-inspired wrap. Kids and adults love this healthy lunch recipe.
- 8-inch whole-wheat flour tortilla
- 2 tablespoons prepared pizza sauce
- 12 leaves baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
Place the tortilla on a plate. Spread pizza sauce over it. Arrange spinach leaves on top and sprinkle with cheese. Microwave on high until the cheese begins to melt (about 45 seconds). Roll up the tortilla and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing, if desired.
Here’s another quick and easy lunch idea. To make a Dill Egg Sandwich, combine 1 tbsp. low-fat cream cheese, 1 tsp. whole-grain mustard, and 1/2 tsp. chopped fresh dill. Spread the mixture over 2 slices of toasted whole grain rye bread. Top with sliced hard boiled egg and tomato, salt and pepper. Cover with another slice of bread. Your delicious and healthy lunch sandwich is ready.
So please take this to heart. There are a lot of choices when it comes to lunch and stocking up on a few healthy lunch recipes will keep you richer and healthier