For anyone looking to lose there is one magic number that is really the important one ‘1 pound’ all you really want to do to lose is to lose a pound a few times. so what does losing a pound take?
First of all there are lots of ways that people fake this out.
Zero calorie or negative calorie foods I believe do not really exist but, one thing does work and that is changing your balance between the calories that you eat and the calories that your body burns.
So in saying that there is one number that makes sense for losing a pound.
There are 3500 calories in a pound. Now if you want to lose a pound a week that means that you need to burn 500 calories a day more than you are burning now or eat 500 calories a day less than you are now (really why not do a balance between the two).
500 calories either way, starting today.
Here are some workouts that would burn 500 calories
- Walking 75 minutes will burn 500 calories
- Bootcamp workout for 40 minutes will burn 500 calories
- Strength Training fast for 40 minutes will burn 500 calories
- Swimming laps for 40 minutes will burn 500 calories
Here are some foods that are 500 calories
- Bagel with Cream Cheese is about 500 calories
- 1 waffle with syrup is about 500 calories
- Large Fries from McDonalds is about 500 calories
- 4 slices of bacon is about 500 calories
- A venti Carmel Frap with whip cream from Starbucks is about 500 calories
So there are a few ways to get that magical 500 calories less in your mouth or expended out on the road or in the gym. Get started today and you will be closer tomorrow.