Superfoods to Help You Lose Weight
Superfoods to help you lose are available right in the grocery store food aisles. If you are wondering which foods can help in your loss goals, these ten superfoods for loss may be just what you’re looking for. First, a few words about superfoods and losing in general.
As a rule, when it comes to losing weight, the focus is on what you should not eat rather than on what you should. The reason for this is obvious enough. When you want to shed pounds, you have to cut back on calories, which means eating less. Some foods, however, can help to regulate your metabolism. This can make your body burn fat more efficiently.
One rule to follow when it comes to superfoods is that you should consume superfoods instead of other, less healthy foods, not in addition to them. If you continue to eat junk foods, it will be difficult to lose no matter what else you do. It’s also important to get regular exercise. Again, no matter what you do or don’t consume, if you aren’t getting enough physical activity it will be almost impossible to lose weight.
Superfoods to help you lose
1. Green Tea -Green tea is full of antioxidants that are great for your overall health. Green tea can also help you to lose weight, as it works to increase your metabolism. It’s an excellent substitute for coffee or soda.
2. Sunflower Seeds -Sunflower seeds are extremely nutritious and make a good snack. Buy unsalted, organic raw sunflower seeds. If you want, put a little sea salt on them. In general, avoid buying salted products, as they tend to be oversalted.
3. Almonds -Almonds are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. They are high in healthy fats, protein and other nutrients. They are also, as of this writing, quite expensive unfortunately, especially the organic variety. Eating even a small quantity every day can be a healthy snack. Almond butter is also a great substitute for peanut butter.
4. Avocado -Avocados are another great source of healthy fats. They can be eaten alone, in salad, sandwiches or as guacamole.
5. Raw Sauerkraut -this fermented food is great for digestion and overall health. You can buy this in health food stores or learn how to make it from cabbage.
6. Kombucha -another fermented food, this is a traditional Chinese medicinal tea that is gaining popularity in the West. You can find this in natural food stores or make it from a culture yourself.
7. Super Fruits -A variety of “super” fruits have been gaining in popularity in recent years. I’m grouping them together for simplicity, but you can find them either separately or sometimes together in juice mixes or supplements. Acai Berry; Goji, Mangosteen and Noni. These are all very high in antioxidants and can help with loss and overall health.
8. Sprouted Wheat -Sprouted wheat is something you find by itself or as the basic ingredient in healthy breads, pastas or cereals. It’s a good idea to consume this instead of processed, far less healthy wheat products.
9. Flax Seeds -Another source of high quality Omega 3 fatty acids. You can also find flax seed oil, either by itself or in blends of healthy oil.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar -Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar is a great supplement, which can be taken alone or made into a salad dressing.
11. Water! Strictly speaking, water is not a food, but it’s way too important to ignore on any list of healthy anything! Water is crucial for keeping your metabolism working efficiently. It’s much better to drink water than any sugar-enhanced “energy” drinks.
These are some superfoods for weight loss. There are others as well, but these are a good foundation. Remember to combine these superfoods to help you lose with regular exercise and you will lose quickly.
6 thoughts on “Superfoods to Help You Lose Weight”
great tips of fastest way to lose ………………..most of the people to try this, it is very simple way to lose .
most simple is drinking water ……..good and simple tips, i will share this link to my friends also…….
Great list of foods! I was reading an article the other day about how we should add more organ meat into our daily diets e.g. liver, beef heart, kidneys, etc. because these foods are rich in different nutrients that our body needs. The article also explained that organ meat is great for promoting loss.
Do you have any thoughts on this topic?
I love the apple cider vinegar and fish
Flax oil does have a high concentration of omega 3, its definitely a good source!
Good list, but people need to realize that a diet of healthy, natural foods only is the only way to lose and be healthy forever. You pretty much summed it up in your other article, “Lose for good”
I thought the only way to get omega 3 was from fish. I’m glad to hear the flax oil has that. I hate fish.