It is a fact that men usually tend to accumulate fat around their bellies and waists, while for women the usual fat accumulation areas are hips and thighs. Contrary to what you might believe, the task of weight loss is not difficult at all.
Over the years several weight loss solutions promising ‘quick’ and ‘easy’ weight loss have come and gone by, and almost always people have ended up getting disappointed with them and been forced to return to the old school of diet and exercise.
Believe it or not, the proven ways to lose are simple and old, even if hard. Yes, diet and exercise may seem to be hard to most people, but you can, if you want, make things easier for you by following the two simple tips below.
Tips For Natural and Permanent Weight Loss
1. Your diet must contain foods from all the essential nutrients: Our body needs four types of nutrients in order to function healthily: carbohydrates, fats, protein and fiber. A diet rich in all these four nutrients would help keep your hormones in balance. Cut down or discard any one of then, and the balance is lost and you gain weight
People think that they need to cut down heavily on fats and carbs for the purpose of weight loss; some even tend to starve in the hopes of losing a few pounds. However, none of these beliefs are true. Like I said, a healthy diet should be rich in all the four nutrients above, and if it is lacking in any one of them, then that diet cannot be called healthy.
Here are some of the foods you may want to add to your regular diet
- Eggs, lean chicken, or turkey or beef meat, etc.: They are all rich in protein.
- Whole grains, nuts, organic fruits and vegetables, etc.: They are all rich in fiber.
- Cereals, potatoes, etc.: They are all rich in carbohydrates.
- Olive oil, salmon and tuna fishes, etc.: They are all rich in unsaturated or ‘good’ fats.
Something else to you need to keep in mind is the source from which you are getting the required nutrients; for example, you can get fat both from a burger as well as a tuna fish, but the difference between the two is that while the first type of fat would make you fatter, the second one would actually help with weight loss.
2. Your workouts must be tailor-made for weight loss: People become bored of workouts simply because they tend to indulge in long hours of boring cardio. For one, cardios are really not suitable for fast weight loss, and for other, there is no reason to spend hours upon hours on them just to lose a few pounds of fat.
What if I tell you that you can lose fat by devoting just fifteen-twenty minutes on workouts per day? Sounds crazy I know, but it is possible with interval training. With interval training, you can burn chunks of fat simply by spending five minutes daily on it.
I usually combine lifting with interval training; while I spend five minutes on interval training, it is fifteen minutes for lifting. By spending just twenty minutes in gym per day, I am able to burn fat not only during the workout session but also when I am watching TV sitting on the couch with my kids.