One way that you can keep a trim figure is to increase your metabolism. Giving your metabolism a boost will not only give you increased energy, but it will also help you burn more calories even while you are at rest. Here are 8 things you can do to help boost your metabolism.
Ways To Boost Your Metabolism
1. Eat small meals. Having about five or six small meals per day, instead of eating three large ones, will help keep your metabolism going at a higher rate. This regularity will keep the body from hoarding food and turning it into fat.
2. Build muscle with s. Since muscle is able to burn a lot more calories than fat, it’s a great idea to do some training and build up muscle tone. It will only take a few times a week of training to start gaining more muscle. The key to this is to go slowly while lifting and always work towards using a heavier with less repititions.
3. Get enough vitamin B. Vitamin B12 is an excellent energy boosting supplement. Not having enough of this in your system can make fatigue set in during the day. Taking the recommended amount which is listed on the supplement bottle is all that is needed.
4. Don’t starve. Starving yourself will only trigger the body’s mechanism to store food. It’s goal is to keep you from starving to death during a famine, which is what it thinks is happening when not enough food is eaten. This reaction turns anything that is consumed into fat and is stored for later.
5. Eat breakfast. Breakfast is an important way to help the body get ready for the day. It has spent all night going without food and now needs some form of nutrition to get energized for whatever activities are in store for it. The best thing to eat is something that is light in calories and high in protein. Yogurt with fruit and a couple of nuts is a great breakfast that will turn your metabolism on and keep you full and satisfied until the next meal.
6. Don’t eat right before bed. Eating right before bedtime does two things. First, the body can’t rest properly since all of its energy is going to trying to digest the large amount of food that was just stuffed into your stomach. Secondly, your body won’t be able to use any of the energy gained from this food and it will be stored as fat!
7. Drink lots of ice cold water. Water is the fluid that makes up most of the human body and it also moves toxins through the body. Drinking eight glasses of water a day is what’s needed to keep everything working properly. These aren’t gigantic glasses either, just eight ounces per glass is plenty. If you drink your water ice cold, then it helps to boost your metabolism because your body takes more energy to process the cold water.
8. Get enough sleep. Believe it or not, getting a good nights sleep is critical to your metabolism. You need to give your body plenty of time to relax and re-energize for the next day.