So I got this email today for GNC Longevity Factors Supplements, as you may imagine I get a lot of promotional emails for products and supplements, but this was interesting as it is part of that breed of supplements created for one particular reason. And these are the generics at GNC. Read on and see what you think of these supplements.
GNC Longevity Factors Supplements
GNC is empowering consumers to age well with a unique new line that enables them to proactively influence their health. The leading global specialty retailer of nutritional products is launching GNC Longevity Factors, GNC’s first and only complete line of nutritional supplements designed to help you age well. The line features clinically tested ingredients to support health and bioavailability enhancement technology to improve the absorption of a key antioxidant important for healthy cell aging. The products are targeted to consumers concerned about maintaining their youthful health as they age. The new line is currently available in GNC stores nationwide and on GNC.com.
“We created the GNC Longevity Factors line specifically to empower adults – including baby boomers — to proactively take control of their health as they age and, ultimately, help them feel as young as they envision themselves,” said Beth Kaplan, President and Chief Merchandising and Marketing Officer, GNC. “This is a unique line of seven nutritional supplements that support very specific aspects of aging. These breakthrough formulas are based on the most recent advances in the science of healthy aging.”
The GNC Longevity Factors line is a direct response to the scientific premise that every individual has the power to influence one’s own health destiny. The line features advanced high potency formulas with powerful polyphenols, such as resveratrol, that work to protect cells from damage, along with clinically researched ingredients to support heart health, eye health, brain health, memory, strength and agility. In developing GNC Longevity Factors, GNC collaborated with Dr. Joseph Maroon, a world renowned neurosurgeon, nutrition expert, and author.
In October of this year Dr. Maroon once again gained national attention when, at age 70 he finished his third Ironman Triathlon World Championship in Kona, Hawaii, beating his prior time by over 20 minutes. He attributes his intense workout regimen coupled with extensive nutritional supplementation as providing not only physical endurance, but the youthful mental endurance and improved focus needed in his profession as a neurosurgeon.
“The GNC Longevity Factors line enables individuals to take the proactive steps necessary to affect positive change in their bodies,” said Dr. Joseph Maroon. “Specifically, many of the products can positively activate genes, located in every cell of our body, to support overall health. The line is a wonderful tool in helping us age well and live healthier lives.”
The GNC Longevity Factors line includes:
- Healthy Aging Program: a complete daily pak with six key elements that support healthy aging, including a premium multivitamin, triple strength fish oil, memory formula and 500 mg resveratrol for cell-aging defense.
- Heart Health: maintains healthy cholesterol, blood pressure and circulation and supports overall heart health. The product includes phytosterols, which have been shown to help block cholesterol absorption.
- Cellular Antioxidant Defense: fights premature cell aging with a high-potency blend of antioxidants, including 500 mg of resveratrol, polyphenols, and vitamin D-3 to protect cells and DNA against free radicals and defy cell aging.
- Energy Enhancer: this caffeine-free, clinically studied energy formula invigorates your body with antioxidants and an amino acid complex that supports your body’s natural energy levels. The product features polyphenols, which can help combat the free radicals associated with cell-aging.
- Eye Health: features a blend of powerful carotenoids, including lutein, zeaxanthin and beta-carotene, to support healthy vision.
- Strength & Agility: a unique formula with more protein and fiber to maintain muscle tone to keep you strong and active.
- Memory Formula: keeps your memory healthy with turmeric acid and high potency huperzine.
So what do you think? Are these products for real? I think that it is interesting to try. There are people on both sides of the fence on this kind of thing. Staunch anti-supplement people saying that your food is good enough, and those on the other side saying that supplements can create super people. Me? I take vitamins and when I did take Ginko Biloba to improve my memory a few years ago I kept forgetting to take the pills. I am sure I will try these different GNC Longevity Factors supplements out just to see if I notice anything over a month but that depends on the price.