A lot of juice fasting recipes are available on different online sites as well as in published cook books. Juice fasting recipes aim to help you on your journey as you engage yourself in a detoxifying process for a healthier body.
To start off, you need to know the basic procedures as well as the necessary equipment needed in order to make delicious and healthy fruit and vegetable juice right in the comforts of your own home. Here is a list of some of the things you will need before proceeding to the juice-making process.
- A dependable juicer that can effectively extract the juices from your chosen fruits and vegetables
- A peeler will be necessary if you are someone who does not like to include fruit or vegetable skins on his juice drink.
- Knife to help you cut and slice fruits and veggies
- Food spatula to help you scrape off your juicer from left over chunks or froth of fruits and vegetables that you wish to incorporate in your drink.
- Drinking glass
- Ice cubes
- Garbage receptacle
If you have all the necessary tools, you can now start making these three easy-to-make juice fasting recipes.
Juice Fasting Recipes : Apple-Celery Juice
Apple is known for being rich in Vitamins A and C which are natural antioxidants. It aids in proper digestion and cleanses the harmful toxins found in your colon. It is also rich in potassium that helps correct fatigue and body weakness caused by electrolyte imbalances. On the other hand, celery promotes good kidney function to help excrete body toxins in the form of urine. It is also known for its natural calming properties that relax your brain and body.
- 3 medium-sized apples, seeded
- 2 stalks of celery, finely diced
- Honey to taste
- Ice cubes
- Thoroughly wash the apples and celery stalks in running water.
- Slice the apples in quarters and remove the seeds to avoid the occurrence of bitter taste.
- Finely dice each celery stalk.
- Run the apples and celery stalks on the juicer.
- Using a spoon, remove the foam or froth prior to pouring your juice down to your drinking glass.
- Add honey to taste.
- You can also add ice cubes.
Juice Fasting Recipes : Cucumber Juice
Cucumber is naturally rich in Vitamin A, potassium, manganese, sulfur, silicon, and chlorophyll. It is known for promoting a healthy and radiant skin. Cucumber is also high in water content which prevents you from being hydrated while on a juice fasting routine.
- 3 medium to large dark green cucumbers
- A small piece of ginger
- A tray of ice cubes
- Wash the cucumbers. Check if they have traces of wax (some cucumber sellers put wax on these vegetables).
- Peel the cucumbers.
- Puree all ingredients including the cucumber seeds and small piece of ginger on the juicer.
- Serve your cucumber juice cold by adding some ice cubes.
Juice Fasting Recipes : Carrot Juice
Carrot is a good source of beta-carotene and Vitamins A and C. It also acts as a good and natural antioxidant that fights off and removes toxins out of your system.
- 3-4 medium sized carrots
- Lemon or honey to taste
- Ice cubes
- Wash carrots thoroughly and trim off the ends.
- Run it on your juicer and serve with lemon or honey drops to taste.
- Add ice cubes if desired.