Acne cures are few and far between. Most of the time trying to get rid of your acne is mostly a matter of taking care of your hormones and cleaning up your body. Really what else can there be? Here are five steps that should help you get rid of your acne.
I have started and that is a series of emailed articles to get rid of acne for good. Sign up for the emails and get rid of your acne soon.
1. Drink plenty of water– OK I start with water because water is the first and easiest way to improve most peoples health. As we know, our environment is full of toxins that we eat, breathe and drink and just like our dishes we can start to clean our bodies and skin from the inside out by drinking water to hydrate and clean the dermis of our skin.
2. Clean up your diet You have probably heard many times now that diet has nothing to do with your acne, that is crap Think about what you eat and see if you are really taking good enough care of your body by eating the right foods like plenty of fiber, fruit and green leafy vegetables. Fruit is very high in antioxidants which are good for battling free radicals that are constantly making us sicker and green leafy vegetables are high in the minerals that most western diets are very low in. Maybe your diet does not really cause the acne but it can certainly help prevent it. Oh, and one more thing, is the junk food that you are eating really helping your skin or hurting it? I will let you figure out this one.
3. Reduce stress When I was younger and visiting a dermatologist on a regular basis I found that my skin could break out from almost any stress. I actually remember one of my worst acne flareups happening on the very day that I had to do a presentation in front of my high school class. Stress is impossible to get out of our lives but the fact is that if you can manage it then stress will not be as much of a factor as it is now. Most stress is caused by us not being prepared for a situation. A job interview or a test can easily be prepared for if it is a priority. No time to prepare for things can also easily be counteracted by using better time management skills and being sure that you plan things ahead of time instead of waiting until the last minute. This planning will not only cure your acne but will help you become more successful in life.
4. Take care of your skin Well this is a critical part of your plan. Taking care of your skin means that you do not try to beat your acne into submission but instead means that you are very good at treating your skin well so that it can fight off the acne by itself. There are three important parts to treating your skin well. Firstly, make sure that you use a very mild soap, do not use harsh soaps as they are going to hurt your skins ability to repair itself, I recommend hibitane or a glycerin soap. Secondly, try to clean your skin two or three times a day even if one of these times is only cleaning with water as you want to keep your pores clean and free of bacteria or oils remember that some oil is good as it lubricates your skin and stops it from drying out. Thirdly, moisturize with a good quality moisturizer that is mostly water based and not oil based. Do not use this moisturizer always but as your skin gets dry in the spring or summer it is important not to let your skin get burnt by the sun or dry from the wind so be careful to keep your moisture there.
5. Have a fast fast Fasting is not just for hippies trying to keep a clean colon but instead take time out every now and again for a quick two or three day fast that will clean out your insides and rebalance the electrolytes in your system. Some people say that a fast is good as well to let your system rest but I am not sure if that is really normal or even possible. The best kind of fast to help cure your acne would be a fruit juice fast and there are many of them on the market. Make sure that you do your research first and maybe even go to a couple of health food stores to get as much info as you can but try as soon as possible to do this. Many people believe that a fast is the one best thing that you can do to get rid of your acne so do not let a little bit of starvation get in the way of better health.
So there you have it. These five tips are the best I can come up with for acne treatment as well as acne cures. I am not sure if you are aware but Darren Rowse at problogger is having a writing contest of 5 tips type articles and I have submitted this article there. If you have any feedback on how you feel these acne tips are please comment.